Thursday, June 30, 2011

VNTM:The TRUTH behind Planking///

(Some images & information was referenced from happyandgone.tumblr.com)

Just this week alone ,I've witnessed insurmountable Twitpics,Status Updates & Wall Photos of people laying face down across floors,refrigerators,roads and all types of strange places.I thought it was  newfangled trend that was newly saturated in today's ever changing popular culture.However,the gesture (I soon found out) was simulated as Planking.
In my opinion,I thought it was an overcompensated version of fainting or dropping dead over something so overwhelming (i.e. a hot picture,your favorite artist,etc).So....I did some research and found out that this new thing people are indulging in was derived from a very dark and negative place...
BUT,
planking was first & still recognized as when slave owners stacked slaves face down on top of one another,chained at their waist.Slaves were forced to lay in their own waste and others as well leading to unsanitary related diseases which ultimately led to death without treatment.The one's who died were left remained deceased planked with the others that was still living.
So...I don't think this 'planking' phenomena won't be lasting long...If it does...
Shame on You!!
SN:The only planking that I'll condone is when it's with someone naked and on my bed.And I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...