Monday, January 31, 2011

Movie Monday

Between Love & Goodbye (2009)
Love makes the world go round. At least that's what Marcel and Kyle(Vampire Diaries,Gossip Girl) believe, until they suddenly discover that love can alternatively flip the world upside-down.French Marcel marries their lesbian friend Sarah so he can stay in the USA with Kyle. Together they can overcome any obstacle, hurdle any barrier until enters Kyle's sister April, a former prostitute and a post-op Transsexual (I know,crazy right?).She creates an immediate riff between Kyle & Marcel. Our perfect couple falls headlong into possessiveness, jealousy and rage; trapped in the tangled emotions found in that space between love and goodbye. Just how far will one of them go to put a stop to the madness?
My Rating: (B-) So Gay. Yes,I am.At the first 20 minutes of this movie I was submissively becoming indifferent on my choice of cinema today due to the low budget looks of it.However,the plot and the characters suddenly became intriguing to me.Going deeper into the plot I realized that it was refreshingly raw and very relative to homosexual relations and what we as a society have to succumb and deal with.The actors were exceptional and the indie-pop musical excerpts were not bad either. It was very thought provoking and surprisingly took me on an unexpected emotional roller coaster that I did not ask to get on.Click here watch Between Love & Goodbye. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...